Grilled cheese tomato soup w/ Grilled cheese sandwiches

I'm one of those unfortunate people who basically has the most useless immune system on the planet. If you mention the words "flu" or "cold" - I instantly get sick. And lets face it, when you're sick, you don't want to cook. You just want warm blankets, hot soup, and maybe a little hot tea with some form of alcohol in it.

I've been sick for two weeks. The other night, I just wanted warm comfort food that didn't require me to stand & cook for more then 15 minutes.

This is by no means a home-made from scratch recipe - but it was delicious.

Photobucket

I discovered in my pantry I only had 1 small can of Harvest Orange Tomato soup, and 1 small can of cheddar cheese soup. I combined the two in a sauce pan with 1 can full of whole milk, and 1 can of sweet onion diced tomatos. I added 1 tbspn of roasted garlic paste, 1 tbspn dry parsley, 1 tsp cracked black pepper, and 1 tsp sea salt. Completely combine all the ingredients together with a spoon. Allow to cook on stove on medium low for 15-20 minutes so that all the flavors can marry together.

While that was bubbling away - I took all the cheese in my refrigerator out to assess my game plan. Yes, 4 types of cheese would do just fine.

I generously spread on one side white bread with roasted garlic paste, layered on my four types of cheese (which consisted of white american, 2% craft singles, shredded mexican blend, and pizza spice string cheese all torn up) and placed on a medium-low set griddle, covered, for 2-3 minutes per side.

Once all the sandwiches were done grilling, and the soup was complete heated thru - into the bowl it went. I topped each with some home made croutons, it was just the right amount of crunch.

Photobucket

Voila! Deliciousness in 15 minutes or less!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts