Pretty things

I'm back! Well, sort of. I seem to have spurts here, don't I? Well, I reread my last post here and wow, there was some ddddrrrraaaammmmmaaaaa going on. I'm still at my same job. There were many, many, many changes that happened in the past 6-9 months. All good changes. I'm feeling much less stressed, and much more trusting of "the system" these days. Of course, nothing is ever "perfect" - but I'll leave perfection up to God, and the Universe, and for dreaming. I will say that I'm happy. Happy is a good place to be.

There comes a point, when it's not that you don't care anymore, you just can't. I think that's where I am. People have said this to me, and I think it rings true, that I care too much about things. I take things very personally, and I become very invested and emotional about situations, people, circumstances, etc. Much of my stress and anxiety is linked to this. So, to save myself and my health - as Elsa would said - I have to Let It Go.

You can't please everyone, all of the time. Not everyone is going to like you. Not everyone is going to agree with your opinions, or suggestions, or even your choice of shoes. And you know what? That's ok. It's not your business what others think of you, or how they feel about you. I know that sounds harsh, but honestly, think about it. Why do you care what everyone else thinks about your choices? If you care about that, then you're living for them, not yourself. Let It Go.

Now, we'll see how much I "let it go" when it gets crazy busy around here again. Time will tell. :)

But lets talk about something I love. Food. There is a blog that I follow - That Winsome Girl - she has awesome photography skills, and I would love to make every single thing she posts about. Infact, this chili recipe is going to be made this weekend in my house. http://thatwinsomegirl.blogspot.com/2015/01/paleo-chunky-sweet-potato-chili.html

BJ and I made a version of meatloaf last night that was absolutely delicious. We've made this only a handful of times in the past few years, but last nights version turned out so perfectly. We make "Ham Loaf". It's a combination of that smokey salty spiral ham with ground pork. This is what you do:

In a food processor, grind up enough ham slices to equal about 1 lb of ground spiral ham. Combine this with 1 lb of ground pork in a very large mixing bowl. To that you will add 1 cup panko crumbs, 2 tbspn spicy brown mustard, 2 large eggs, 2-3 tbspn milk (yes, milk. Go with me here.) 2-3 tbspn maple syrup, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flake, and dill. You will need one small can of crushed pineapple. Strain this as well as you can to get as much juice out as possible. Reserve the juice in a medium heavy bottom pot. Once strained, dump the crushed pineapple into the mixture. Now, get your hands dirty. Smash all these ingredients together with your hands until completely combined. Transfer meat mixture into a loaf pan, or free form it on a lined greased cookie sheet. With the remaining pineapple juice, add to it a squeeze of spicy brown mustard, and 1 tbspn or so of brown sugar. Mix thoroughly, and boil on stove until syrup is thick and creates a glaze. Pour this over the meat loaf, then place meatloaf in 350 degree oven for AT LEAST 1 hour, or until the temperature reads 165 degrees. If you want this to be a bit sweeter, add in store bough pineapple cherry ham glaze to both the meat mixture, and to the juice reduction. This gives it a beautiful flabor as well.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts