Low Carb French Toast "Bread"

Hello my pretties!

I finally got to see my therapist after 2 very long months without. It felt like going home. I didn't realize how much I truly need that place as a means to escape and breathe. The best part of being in therapy is that not only am I working on myself, but I feel completely safe there - I'm not being judged. I'm not being ridiculed. I can just be myself, talk freely, and by the end of the session - I feel worlds better, and the outlook on life is so much brighter. I leave there feeling refreshed, and with a positive attitude. I feel inspired, and creative.

Which leads me to my newest recipe! The best part of being inspired? Going home to create things with my husband. We do our best creating in the kitchen, obviously. We recently tried this recipe called Soul Bread that's been floating around the Low Carb forums - and honestly - it was so disgusting, we threw away the two loaves we made. Not having a good bread recipe has been incredibly frustrating. Sometimes you just want a sandwich.

So, we took a base recipe that was crafted by the very talented Marge Burkell from www.MargeBurkell.com - and we've recreated it into French Toast Bread.

Oh. My. God. For 4 carbs per serving - this is WELL freaking worth it.



This is how you make it...

2 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp sugar free maple syrup
1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp Truvia or Swerve

Bead all these ingredients together in a bowl. Meanwhile, take 2 Tbsp grass fed organic butter and melt in microwave. Set aside.

Add to the wet ingredients:
2 Tbsp organic coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix the dry ingredients slightly into wet. Then add the melted butter. Beat with a fork until it is ** completely ** smooth.

Spray a square bread size/shape plastic container with coconut oil. Pour batter into the container. Microwave for 2 minutes. Immediately remove from plastic container and allow to cool on wire wrack. When cool enough to handle - cut in half with a serrated knife.

I find that toasting this bread, it allows it to hold up better when turning it into a sandwich. You can, obviously, toast and then dip it in french toast egg mixture, and fry up like normal french toast - OR you can make a sandwich like I have done in my pictures.

Either way, this bread is incredibly satisfying, and it hits the spot for when you're craving traditional french toast.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts