Keto Bagels - And not the fathead dough kind!

Over the course of the last few years, I have grown to not like fathead dough. It always leaves me feeling not so great, and very bloated. I love bagels, and have missed having something chewy as a breakfast staple. So, I made my own. They sort of happened by accident, and it's a result of throwing things in a bowl. But I love the texture and taste. Here are my version of keto bagels.



1 Scoop Isopure Whey Isolate powder - unflavored
3 Tbsp Almond Flour
3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
2 Tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
2 Tbsp Flax Meal
2 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 tsp each Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning (optional)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream (or coconut milk / almond milk / half and half)
5 large eggs


In a large bowl - whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add in the shredded cheese, and mix together well. Beat the five eggs and heavy cream in a separate bowl until well mixed, then add to the dry ingredients. With a hand mixer - mix until everything comes together and forms a dough.

I recommend using a silicon donut/bagel baking pan for this as the metal ones don't do well. Spray the wells of the bagel pan with coconut or olive oil. Sprinkle in Everything but the bagel seasoning if desired. With wet hands - take some of the dough and press into the wells until they are evenly filled. Top with additional shredded cheese if you desire. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes. Keep an eye on them. They will puff up. If a tooth pick comes out clean at the 20 minute mark - pull them out. Allow to cool before flipping them out of the pan.

I store these in a zip lock bag in the fridge for up to a week. These toast up incredibly well. I normally get 9 bagels from this recipe. If you over stuff the wells - you will only get about 6.

Comments

Popular Posts