Lobster Cauliflower "Fried Rice" - Low Carb and DELICIOUS
But lets face it - you eat Chinese food, you're hungry shortly after. Why? Because there are not enough good fats and proteins to actually satisfy your hunger. Bj and I developed a delicious and satisfying version of fried rice using cauliflower tonight that will sure to become a regular staple.
I am not a "huge" cauliflower fan, per say. In fact, it has taken my husband almost 2 years to convince me that Cauliflower is not the evil mush of the universe that I think that it is. Many recipes have been tried where cauliflower was involved, and I steered clear because of my preconception of how it is going to taste. I think it may be a texture thing.
But, I am learning to appreciate it. In this recipe, you don't know that you're eating cauliflower. It tastes like rice. Which is fantastic, because I love rice. You can't have "Fried rice" without that classic rice taste, right?
So, we start with ricing the cauliflower. We took a whole head of cauliflower, and riced it in our ninja blender. I ended up only using maybe half of the head of cauliflower. It makes ** A TON ** of rice.
We found a giant bag of frozen all tail lobster meat at Wegmans a few weeks ago. I thawed about 1 cup of the lobster meat. In a saute pan with white truffle oil and butter, I reheated the lobster meat with a clove of minced garlic.
I had some frozen peas & carrots in the freezer, so I microwaved them for a few minutes - about 1 cup - and strained. After we fry up the cauliflower rice, we add these in.
The caulifower rice goes into the saute pan with white truffle oil, butter, and garlic - saute for 4-5 minutes - and then I made a well to add two scrambled up eggs. I cooked the eggs in the pan with the rice, and once the egg formed curds, I mixed the rice into it. I added the peas & carrots, and the lobster - and voila. Fried rice.
1/2 head, medium (5-6" dia) Cauliflower, raw, riced
1 cup Peas and carrots, thawed
1 cup Lobster Meat Cooked
2 clove Garlic
4 tbsp White Truffle Oil
4 tbsp Butter, salted
2 tbsp Liquid Aminos
1. Cut Cauliflower florets and rice in a food processor or ninja blender. Set aside.
2. In a wok put 1 TBSPN White truffle oil with 1 TBSPN of butter, and 1 minced garlic clove. Sauteed the thawed Lobster meat in this mixture to heat through - set aside.
3. Cook frozen peas and carrots in microwave for 3-4 minutes on high (covered) and let stand.
4. In the wok, pour 2 TBSPN White truffle oil, and 2 Tbspn butter with 1 minced garlic clove - allow butter to melt - add in RICED cauliflower. Cook cauliflower for 4-5 minutes.
5. Make a well in the Cauliflower - add two raw scrambled eggs - allow to cook, stirring constantly - once the eggs form into curds, mix into the rice - drizzle with 1 TBSPN White truffle oil, and add 1 more TBSPN Butter.
6. Add in your strained carrots and peas - mix into the cauliflower / egg mixture.
7. Add in your lobster meat, and stir. Drizzle 2 Tbspn of Liquid or Coconut aminos on top - and serve.