Lobster Cauliflower "Fried Rice" - Low Carb and DELICIOUS

Who doesn't love Chinese food? I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love it going in... but two hours later...

But lets face it - you eat Chinese food, you're hungry shortly after. Why? Because there are not enough good fats and proteins to actually satisfy your hunger. Bj and I developed a delicious and satisfying version of fried rice using cauliflower tonight that will sure to become a regular staple.



I am not a "huge" cauliflower fan, per say. In fact, it has taken my husband almost 2 years to convince me that Cauliflower is not the evil mush of the universe that I think that it is. Many recipes have been tried where cauliflower was involved, and I steered clear because of my preconception of how it is going to taste. I think it may be a texture thing.

But, I am learning to appreciate it. In this recipe, you don't know that you're eating cauliflower. It tastes like rice. Which is fantastic, because I love rice. You can't have "Fried rice" without that classic rice taste, right?

So, we start with ricing the cauliflower. We took a whole head of cauliflower, and riced it in our ninja blender. I ended up only using maybe half of the head of cauliflower. It makes ** A TON ** of rice.



We found a giant bag of frozen all tail lobster meat at Wegmans a few weeks ago. I thawed about 1 cup of the lobster meat. In a saute pan with white truffle oil and butter, I reheated the lobster meat with a clove of minced garlic.



I had some frozen peas & carrots in the freezer, so I microwaved them for a few minutes - about 1 cup - and strained. After we fry up the cauliflower rice, we add these in.

The caulifower rice goes into the saute pan with white truffle oil, butter, and garlic - saute for 4-5 minutes - and then I made a well to add two scrambled up eggs. I cooked the eggs in the pan with the rice, and once the egg formed curds, I mixed the rice into it. I added the peas & carrots, and the lobster - and voila. Fried rice.
This is so easy to make, and it's so satisfying. I don't think I'll ever need to call in for Chinese food again. Why spend money on sub par food when you can make your own healthy versions at home? Plus, you get to spend time with those you love. The kitchen is the heart of a home - this is where memories are made. Go get you some Cauliflower fried rice, and make some memories in the process. It's well worth it.




1/2 head, medium (5-6" dia) Cauliflower, raw, riced
1 cup Peas and carrots, thawed
1 cup Lobster Meat Cooked
2 clove Garlic
4 tbsp White Truffle Oil
4 tbsp Butter, salted
2 tbsp Liquid Aminos


1. Cut Cauliflower florets and rice in a food processor or ninja blender. Set aside.
2. In a wok put 1 TBSPN White truffle oil with 1 TBSPN of butter, and 1 minced garlic clove. Sauteed the thawed Lobster meat in this mixture to heat through - set aside.
3. Cook frozen peas and carrots in microwave for 3-4 minutes on high (covered) and let stand.
4. In the wok, pour 2 TBSPN White truffle oil, and 2 Tbspn butter with 1 minced garlic clove - allow butter to melt - add in RICED cauliflower. Cook cauliflower for 4-5 minutes.
5. Make a well in the Cauliflower - add two raw scrambled eggs - allow to cook, stirring constantly - once the eggs form into curds, mix into the rice - drizzle with 1 TBSPN White truffle oil, and add 1 more TBSPN Butter.
6. Add in your strained carrots and peas - mix into the cauliflower / egg mixture.
7. Add in your lobster meat, and stir. Drizzle 2 Tbspn of Liquid or Coconut aminos on top - and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts