Modified Oopsie Bread recipe - Bread or Pizza - your choice!

We're really amped up for the next week to be completely amazing. Went to the gym yesterday with Bj, Sarah, and Felicia. I was DRENCHED in sweat when I left. It felt really good. It's also nice that I now have a couple girlfriends that I can go to the gym with for support. Going with Bj is great - but he's at such a different fitness level than I am. He's much stronger, faster, and healthier than I am right now - and I know that I hold him back. Not to say that the ladies I'm going with are not fit and healthy - they are - but it's nice to have females that understand the position and are supportive in ways that a man can't understand / be.



Today we spent the day experimenting in the kitchen. First we made our brunch that consisted of cauliflower hash browns, poached eggs with homemade hollandaise sauce - with a side of steamed asparagus. Recipe will be in a separate entry. But here is a pic. OMG. Just.. omg.



We had all these left over egg whites from making the hollandaise sauce - I decided to make an altered version of the famous Oopsie bread recipe with them.

To the 4 egg whites I already had in a glass bowl - I added 4 more egg whites to it. In a separate bowl, I put the 4 egg yolks with 4 ounces of WHIPPED cream cheese, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and pink salt. Add 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Beat for 2 minutes.

Add to the yolk mixture 1 tsp oat fiber, 2 tsp psyllium husk powder, and 1 tsp baking powder. Mix well. Allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken.

Pour half the yolk batter into the egg whites, and gently fold. Do NOT over mix. It will deflate the egg whites. Add the second half of the yolk mixture to the egg whites - and fold until just incorporated.

With a 1/3 measuring cup, spoon out the mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets that are sprayed with coconut oil. I got 18 individual oopsie breads. Place in oven at 390 degrees, and cook 6-8 minutes - or until golden brown.



Now... to make them into pizza - once out of the oven - put 1 Tbspn of Mutti sauce (this is a low carb pasta sauce) on each oopsie bread. Sprinkle on a little shredded mozzarella cheese, a few mini pepperoni's, and put back in oven until the cheese is completely melted. Net carbs for 1 pizza: 1 net carb

Net carbs for 1 oopsie bread roll: .7 net carbs



8 egg whites
4 egg yolks
4 ounces whipped cream cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp oat fiber
2 tsp psyllium husk powder

Comments

Popular Posts