Jalapeno Poppers wrapped in Bacon on the Grill



Bell peppers in a variety of colors - sliced into 1 1/2" wide strips
Jar of pickled jalapenos
1 block of cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 package bacon


Wash, slice, and seed the bell peppers. You can use jalapeno peppers if you wish - but I didn't have any at my disposal - so I used what I had. I cut the peppers into 1 1/2" wide strips. In a bowl - I combined softened cream cheese with the pickled jalapenos that I had on hand (chopped up into bits), and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Each strip of pepper received a good heaping amount of this mixture. Once all the strips were stuffed - I wrapped each pepper with a slice of bacon.

Peppers were placed on a grill basket on our smoker for about an hour and a half at about 375 degrees. We had to keep an eye on them because the bacon grease kept flaring the fire, so we had to move them to the upper rack of the grill. But once they were done - man... was it worth the wait. The grill really added a nice smoky flavor to the bacon - and it made it nice and crispy - but not burnt. Probably my favorite way of making poppers.

Comments

Popular Posts