8 Ball Zucchini mini pizza's and egg in a hole

If you've ever been on a low carb diet - you are familiar with the almighty zucchini. This versatile little green vegetable can be used in so many different ways, it's amazing. Zoodles, zucchini fritters, sugar free zucchini chocolate muffins, zucchini hash browns, you name it. A few weeks ago at a local farmers market Bj and I found these odd little round zucchini's. We asked the owner of the stand what they were - and they are a new breed of zucchini from what we were told. Curious, we bought a few to experiment with.

I immediately went home with ideas in mind. Two of my favorite things on the planet. Pizza and Egg in a hole. I knew these little gems would be the perfect substitute for my favorite gluteny treats.



I sliced the zucchini into 1/2" round slices - and seasoned them with salt and pepper. Into the oven they went. 350 degrees, approximately 10 minutes. I took them out of the oven, and with two of the zucchini's I cut round holes in the center to fill with eggs. The rest I topped with a low sugar marinara, and cheese. Back into the oven until the eggs were set.



These turned out beautiful, and they stood up to their toppings. Zucchini is also incredibly low in calorie, and lower in carbs. If you like pizza, or even egg in a hole - you will truly enjoy this simple recipe.

I mean... look at that egg!



And if you're a pizza lover, this should get your motor started!



Needless to say, we keep 8 ball zucchini's on hand, now. In fact, next year I intend on growing my own to ensure we have an ample supply of them on hand at all times!

Comments

Popular Posts