Valentines Day

Ahh, Valentines Day. The day of Love. The day where women eat obscene amounts of chocolate without guilt or feeling a little gross infront of their significant other. The day where we, as women, are pampered by our loved ones because lets face it ladies - it's the only day of the year (except perhaps our birthday) where we actually receive the attention we want. And the jewelry. Oh, and the flowers. Did I mention the obscene amounts of chocolate?

I, on the other hand, happen to be very blessed to have a husband who is not only exceptionally clever for holidays, but he is genuinely sweet, and loving, and attentive year round. I don't think there's a thing on this planet he would not do for me, if I asked. I am truly a lucky girl.

This Valentines Day we decided to go simple. Each year my husband spends insane amounts of money on chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to my work. I told him while I do love it, and I appreciate him doing this for me - that making home made chocolate covered strawberries with him would be my preference this year. I enjoy spending as much time with my husband as I can - and what better way then being creative in the kitchen?

Photobucket

We made these delicious, and honestly beautiful, Ghirardelli chocolate covered strawberries, sprinkled with things from our baking pantry. I think that the home made gifts in life are more precious, and mean so much more, then a store bought box of candy. Don't get me wrong - I love a good box of Russell Stover - but I much prefer the heart felt gift of someone spending their time to make me something special.


Photobucket


Cards are very special in our family. My Mom has been saving cards for years. I have a huge tote full of them. They are sentimental and priceless to us. BJ bought me a beautiful card, along with two heart shaped donuts and had them set out on the counter for me to wake up to that morning. It was so sweet and touching. He truly is a great man. I cherish his cards.

Photobucket

As I've mentioned, my husband and I are also crafters. For Valentines Day my husband created this beautiful pink fade chainmaille bracelet with a swarovski crystal silver toggle clasp.

Photobucket

Stunning, isn't it?

What more could a girl ask for in this world? Chocolates, cards, and jewelry for a very special occassion. Handmade with love. What a lucky girl I am!

How did you spend your Valentines Day?

Comments

Popular Posts